Weather: Chilly in the morning, hot in the afternoon
Mood: Average
First person out of bed AGAIN. I was actually *slightly* complained by my roommate Luise that I woke up too early and my alarm clock wakes her up. Well... I can't help it. So not used to getting up early and ready for school on a Saturday. After 5 days of exhaustion and school, they still have to torture us on a Saturday.
Breakfast was again, not at all good (the same old things again, bacon, sausages, eggs, muffin, the salad bar...). The only good thing was the pear danish that I have already eaten for 2 days in a row and the Hot Chocolate. I absolutely love the Hot Chocolate. Couldn't stay for too long since we had House Meeting at 8:40am.
Had the first period free, so I took time quite casually. Yi May, a very funny Malaysian tomboy, thought she had first lesson free too and actually decided to go earlier for the Library Computers. Luckily she left her phone and came back, because it turned out that she actually had a Maths lesson in the first period!
Saw Celina's Maths book on the sofa and took it for her. Not realizing that she actually didn't have her book with her, Celina walked and walked until we were at Claridge House (reception building, a little away from GIH, our house), that I asked her did she forget to bring something. She was frantic and wanted to go back. Haha. I produced the book, wondering how one can actually forget such a heavy book (believe me, I have seen a lot of people carrying their Maths book cause it was sooooo heavy).
The library was full, first time I've seen people waiting to go into the library for free periods. I found a seat downstairs, but having the sun shining directly on me. I successfully ignored it and finished my Chinese composition finally. Because of the lack of practice, I have actually forgotten how to write some Chinese words that I previously know how to write. *sigh*
English next, talked about poetic meters (meaning the rhythm, the pattern of stresses and the lighter sounds). She actually gave us a jumbled version of 'Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day' to rearrange and think of the meter. It wasn't of much use, since people did it off their memory and not with the meters. I could tell Alex beside me was really confused, and felt he wasn't really in the right classroom. Can't blame him, a science LSC student taking Higher English in IB, studying advanced English Literature.
Yi May tried to borrow a pound from me at break, but she couldn't really find enough for a pound in my coins bag, which just shows how poor I am at this moment. Met up with Lynsey (Malaysian girl), Yuki (half-Japanese and half-European guy) and Jason in front of the Dining Hall. Maybe I haven't had fizzy drinks for such a long time, that I actually spilled some down in front of me when trying to drink a sip of the Sprite Yi May handed to me. I don't know why that happened, but that certainly shocked everyone in front of me and they were all trying to hold me up and asking "Are you alright?" Kinda embarrassing, but never mind.
Discovery: Jason has an obsession with the color pink.
Had Maths after break. Found that I was the only one in the class who has actually finished the exercise. It really wasn't hard, but somehow, the people in my class didn't know how to do those. They were just quadratic equations, finding the x, quadratic formula, and finding x in terms of other letters. Antonia, who was a German girl, and had Biology with me too, kept asking me how to do questions, some which I thought were really easy and very hard to explain. Then the teacher asked who wanted the answers to the questions, and was quite shocked when I rose up my hand, because practically everyone were still working on the questions (which were given to us 3 days ago).
Teacher: You've finished them all already?
Me: Yah.
Teacher: No questions to ask me at all?
Me: I don't think so...
Antonia: She's really really good...
Me: (-_-|||.......)
And he was looking at me with a quizzical expression on his face.
Early lunch. Practically swallowed the pasta and the vegetables (which I have been forcing myself to eat EVERY MEAL) because everyone on my table was leaving so hurriedly. But we had sports next (Aerobics) and it starts at 2:45, about 1 and a half hours after our lunch. So what could we do in that period of time? Lynsey was complaining about it...so was everyone else...
Got there at 2:45 and discovered that the teacher didn't come. Again. Last week was already like this. But looking towards the optimistic side, we had free time again (although I still haven't had one Action hour yet).
Decided not to have the school dinner and Vivian, Lulu (U6 from HK and mainland), Celina and I cooked fried rice, sausages and cabbages, asparagus with eggs, and baked brownies and a chicken pie for dinner in the Annexe. The kitchen in the Annexe was so full, when compared to the Main House. No one was cooking in the kitchen of the Main House at all, but they were all queuing for the oven in the Annexe. The meal was soooo good. Haven't eaten a decent meal recently (with very few exceptions at the start of the week) and felt so grateful to everyone who contributed to the meal. I mean, we actually had cooked cabbage (when compared to the raw lettuce, tomatoes,cucumbers,etc. in the Salad Bar). The whole house is so quiet now. Don't know where everyone went.
Going to Bluewater tomorrow, it's a big shopping mall out of town, which is considered as a luxury to us, being stuck inside this small town (although the supermarkets and shops are just down the street). Still... some people need to shop for their Freshers' Ball dress. I'm not too satisfied with mine either actually... but.... oh well...
Still have an English essay due next week. Comparison of the two poems, the title, intentions, form and structure, use of language and tone... etc...
And also a Biology prep too.
People here like to do their work in the last minute, unlike us, who like to do it in advance. So that's why many people thought I was nuts to do work that's due next week.
*Blessed by a Guardian Angel*
Noun. Protection, love, care. Whenever you look at a star up on high and wish on it, your Guardian Angel will know...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home