Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Weather: Fine, but cool
Mood: Average

So finally came into the GIH yesterday. Wow. What a lot of work to do. Everything here tests memory: People's names, places, the buildings, teachers... everything. MOST of the people here are nice (sorry i have to say MOST because there really are something here which i prefer less to more).
Had Induction Day today which was basically letting you know the people, knowing the place, but was really boring. Firstly, the old pupils that have been here for 5 years were supposed to show us around with our 'Icebreaker' game, but they just met up with their old friends and reunioned. So basically, none of us really got the answers to those questions.
Came to know Jason, Gilbert and Alex, HK guys in the IC, which was pretty weird since they don't talk a lot and I had to be the one to pry them to talk. *sigh*. I was the one who started the exchange of telephones nos, and once it got started, everyone in our 'group', well mainly Celina, Yi Mei and I, started to exchange phones with them.

Then received that parcel containing food and stationery. Haha. So heavy. No wonder it costed something like, $400 and more.

Anyway, time for dinner.
And I've got a school email, but everything there is being checked so ...I'll just leave it. But if anyone wants to send me anything and they are sure it won't cause trouble to me, then go to:

(Since I'm so bored now, maybe I should type everything detailedly.)

1st Sept.
Came in the Girls' International House (GIH) at about 11am, which was quite early. Saw Celina and went out to lunch with her mum, luckily, cause I was almost starving. Came back at about 3 sth for the tea where basically the parents socialize and pull their daughters along too. When I didn't have any parent to pull me along, I just waited for people to come and say hi, but after that brief introduction of names, you won't remember any.
Took so long to unpack, then went to dinner in the Dining Hall, which we need to walk quite a long way to get to. After that, had House Meeting, which involved going over rules and stuff.
The rest of the night was just...meeting people, socializing. I don't think anyone took a shower actually. Everyone was so tired. That was the day.

2nd Sept.
Took me about half an hour for me to get to sleep last night. Had a quick shower in the morning, had to queue up because there were only 2 cubicles, and there were 11 people waiting.
Oh, another interesting thing. I gave tie-tying lessons to about 3 people last night (DG girls, you know that even if we have to tie ties everyday for winter U, some of us still don't know how, cause everyone's just undoing them and slipping them back on everyday. Well luckily, I do know how to ...).
So it was really funny, everyone was wearing uniform for the first time. It kinda reminds me of DG winter U, from F4 upwards. It is basically the same except we have white shirts instead of blue, and the skirts are a little bit shorter, and we can wear suits to match the skirts. So when we were heading off to breakfast everyone looked as if they were going to work!
Most of the day is in the above...

Then, a U6 also from HK who happens to be Celina's 'mother' and also a newly adopted mine too, took us to the Annexe for a visit, which is another side of the GIH, it's kinda divided into the Main House, which I'm in now, and the Annexe.
We went for a visit to the Sennocke too, another boarding house which is mainly English girls.

Just a thing about the food. I understand totally now why they say the first day of food is usually the best. After yesterday, today's lunch was...well...still edible. There was pizza... but the dinner...oh my god... nobody really was sure what the gooey thing we were eating was, ... they all tasted the same, although they had, pasta and meat and potatoes...
*sigh*
waiting for yet another house meeting at 8:15pm.
Fearing how I'll be getting my way round the school tomorrow. It's actually lessons!
Oh and I do hope I know some of the people in my classes. Cause I'll just be... totally...alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home