Friday, September 19, 2003

Weather: Fine
Mood: Average

Finally finished my psychology prep last night, at top speed. I was pretty impressed of myself, since I work and think faster on a computer when I type than I actually write them down, think it over and want to cross it all out again.
I'm getting this stupid cold that's been spreading around in my room. First Clemmie and Luise got it, not it's my turn. I think the cough bug is starting to spread very soon too. At this moment I am typing in, my head is absolutely killing me with this headache. And although I do want to go on with my English essay or my Econ research, I really can't cause my head is hurting like crazy. (This is not an excuse, it really hurts now...)

So anyway, one look at my timetable and it told me that I had no free periods today. What a great start for today.
English in the first period. I just hate having English in the first period, when it's early in the morning and you can't think straight, but the lesson requires you to think really hard and even express your opinions effeciently and quickly. I have counted. in the fortnight of timetable we have (14 days/2 weeks rota basis), I have half the days, of having English in the first period. That is like... 7 days with English in the first period.
Focused into the Heart of Darkness. I managed to answer some of her questions (well, shouted out) because if I stilll don't open my mouth, she is going to think I'm too dumb for Higher English. I know saying this might seem too...like an excuse, but whenever I thought of the answer of a response, someone always says it before me (and having the exact same answer as me too)... So ... I wasn't really the kind of person to barge into people's speeches.

Mandarin for 2nd period, which was just basically, doing past papers AGAIN. Sat there for 55 mins and did past paper. Almost total silence of the whole classroom.

Stayed in the library at break cause it was too cold outside and I couldn't stand it and risk getting a more serious case of cold.
Psychology was learning stuff, basically just copying the whole experiment Pavlov did to the dogs (poor dogs) by starving them and seeing if they had unconditionally reflex for salivation. At first he was just a physiologist trying out that, but when he found out that the dogs began to drool even before the food entered their mouths, he became really irritated because it affected his experiment. Then, he discovered that, it became an unconditional reflex in the learning perspective (psychology jargons), that the bell or light or whatever he did before food came became the unconditional stimulus. Haha. I did learn something and remembered it, right?

ToK in the Aisher Hall, talking stuff about logic and reasons. ... I know what he was talking about. Like:
Golden Retrievers have golden hair colour.
This dog's colour is golden.
Therefore it is a Golden Retriever.

Well, this may not be true right? So ToK today was just basically talking about *these* things. So sleepy throughout the whole day, nearly fell asleep through that talk.

Had early lunch because of Chorus Society. *sigh* Have learnt to accept the fact the you can't judge things here like the way you do in DG. We should appreciate the Society here, although it's not as easy as it sounds...

Econ. Talked about market structures, planned economy, market economy... I was trying not to feel bored, but ... I understand totally what Serena is saying, it's getting on your nerves that you are learning again something that you have already learnt before, 2 years ago.

Biology. Today had no practicals, finally, but had a lot of theory, which I don't really mind copying work. Talked about the functions of the parts of the cells and the difference between different types of cells.

Came back from lessons really really tired today. Woke up at 6 for a bath because I wanted the bathroom all to myself, and the result came back to me : really really sleepy. And everyone thought I was insane to wake up so early too.
Talked to mum on the phone for almost an hour cause I was so bored and the Internet wasn't working just now (it works periodically and it really gets onto your nerves).
Took a huge stack of mini apple-pies from the Dining Hall just now, put them in my room and if I do get hungry later, I'll have something good to eat. Yeah... but don't know if they're still good when cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home