Friday, March 09, 2001

Didn't post anything last night. I was so tired that I fell asleep at 9:45pm, which is really a record. But then, when thinking that I "wasted" half the night sleeping, I want to kill myself. So, a lot to write about.
First, our string orch. 1st. Fortunately. We were so scared cause we fried a little of the Last Spring. St. Stevens were pretty good but they didn't get a place at all. All of us were quite surprised at that and we were so scared they would get it when they announced 2nd was BPS. This again shows that the adjus this year have major problems. Then full. orch. Yes I admit we didn't play so well and BPS did play pretty well with Jupiter, but... I don't think we should have tied with GHS. I mean, their instruments were out of tune and they really really weren't that good. I wouldn't have anything to say if they got 3rd, but tying with us?? Some of them even wept for joy. Of course, tying with us was an honour to them and I would have wept too if I were them. Gosh... And the adju said we should thank this and that and even the festival!!! Yeah, we should thank the festival for giving us so many 2nds and 3rds this year lor. I'm beginning to wonder if they detest blue and loved green and yellow. So pathetic... But the adjus praised all of us. "Wonderful violas and cellos" Well thankyou for that compliment... Mmm... violas... I never knew we had violas in our orch. Oh well. And then sko told me "good job" when we went off the bus. Ok... We've still got the Winner's Concert on the 26th... Common tests.
Today, we had a lot of free lessons. But they were not that interesting except for Maths. So dchoy was talking about frustum and pyramids and that the pyramids have to be similar (~) in order to use the ratios. Then, she must have thought we didn't know what she was saying and gave a very "extraordinary" example.
One is a man, one is a woman. How can they be similar?
Thankyou Mrs Choy for such an entertaining example. And of course it became 金句-of-the-day.
Then at Chinese, while we were having a break, I accidentally kicked down the tape recorder and it immediately went *bzzzzzzz*. I was so scared! Then someone told me it was ok, wasn't damaged and I was like *phewww*. Towards the end of the lesson, we had to use the tape recorder again and the recorder was... dead silent. And immediately again, the whole class was looking at me and saying,"Orrrrrrrrrrrr". Luckily, cwong found that the switch was loose. *Phewwww*. And ash and the ppl behind me was saying things like, "Tell someone to help you pay for it if you need to." Eh-hum.....And started to relate everything to.... leaves again....
Don't know why ppl are so creative and can relate that to everything that comes up. Luckily they stopped fast this time.*Impressed*
First time in months that I'm able to go home straight away from school. Maybe it's a good thing. I'm so tired these days, not wanting to do anything at all, not even revising. But I know I should, if I don't want to fry the common this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home