Finals. Quite satisfying results this time, despite the adjudicator board being abnormal this year.
Best Mixed Choir : DBS and DGS (DB&GS) (smc)
Best Secondary Choir : (SMC)
Best Boys: DBS (senior chinese)
Best Girls: GHS
Best Junior: St.Pauls Co-ed (eng)
Went into the Hall this afternoon and could hear smc practising both english and chinese songs, thinking, last year this time, we were the ones practising. but. oh well. the past is the past. I better treasure it anyway (not that I haven't). this may be my last year in mixed choir. a large possibility.
piano duet in the morning and the adju really was crazy. 1st place :82 marks only. So you can imagine what we got. Hint: We were not in the 3 places. And I didn't think the 1st and the 3rd deserved that high a mark and place. They really weren't that good.
Was continuously inched by a lot of people from morning till night. Eh-hum....
Thinking back, this time last night was so depressing and worried. I had no idea duet and choir finals would clash this year. who told them to switch it from night to afternoon? When the program was out, I was hoping that jmc would get in, so we would have a good reason to change time. Unfortunately, this year's adju had problems and jmc did not get into finals. So we thought we could change the class somehow. But then, we were told that we had the comments only and no marks. We thought of all the possible solutions i.e.putting us to the last team, or the first, or rushing there. Everything. But not one of them seemed satisfying enough. Finally, after a week or more of decision, I decided to move to the morning, no matter what. Even if it meant no marks. It was a really painful afternoon. Piano duet was one of my hopes somehow, although we didn't "garp" much in the last week or so. And really, thanks to Jen for tolerating me. YOu're right, if my partner was as determined as me, I wouldn't have a chance of doing that. Thanks.
My mum knew that I'd changed inspite of no marks and began to ask suspiciously what could have attracted me to the finals. I wanted to support the school. Is that wrong? But maybe... she was right. there was something there that I'd rather go than do for duet. it was the last year i needed to do that anyway. and that was my priority. to go to the finals to support people.
Last night was so depressing. Luckily, the adju was nice enough to give us marks despite changing classes. So thankful to her!!!
Have you ever tried helping someone pick up their books when they've dropped it, accidentally hurting your back, and the responce you get is, "I didn't ask you to do that for me." Or something like that. Or when you've tried to do something for someone, nearly sacrifising something and the words you get are similar to the ones above. "Why did you do it anyway?". Ever tried it before. It really really hurts. Especially when those were the first words they said after you've done that thing. I didn't want to say that at first, no intention of telling people I changed class and risked this and that because I had to go to finals. I would have been inched (and i have). But that didn't matter. Much. Because I wanted to be there. Very much. And I never expected to hear those words. People could have told me not to go if they really didn't want me to and I wouldn't have to change the time and risk everything and being down. Then I wouldn't have to waste the energy being depressed. And not at first asking people to persuade me and "accusing" me why I went. That was so thoughtful thankyou.
*Blessed by a Guardian Angel*
Noun. Protection, love, care. Whenever you look at a star up on high and wish on it, your Guardian Angel will know...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home